HEAD PERSONAL TRAINER
HEAD PERSONAL TRAINER & ONLINE COACH
Hi I am Finbar Harte, creator and head personal trainer at Raising the Bar Fitness, Skibbereen, West Cork.
My fitness journey began in 1997 when I first started training in kickboxing in the UK and I was bitten by the fitness bug instantly.
In 1999 we relocated back to Ireland and I joined West Cork Kickboxing club in Drimoleague.
In 2005 when I won my first kickboxing medal I trained and qualified as a fitness instructor and personal trainer, I hold a National Diploma in Exercise and Health Studies and am registered through the Register of Exercise Professionals Ireland.
Over the last 4 years I have learnt and trained in strength and conditioning, body transformation, powerlifting, calisthenics, boxing, Muay Thai and am constantly Raising The Bar to be able to offer the best possible service, continually get great results for my clients and do it all by sharing my passion for health and fitness.
- Trained and competed in Kickboxing
- Qualified EQF Level 4 Personal Trainer
- Served my time in a small hotel gym Celtic Ross Rosscarbery West Cork Ireland. – 2 years
- Opened my own personal training studio specialising in one to one body transformations (Raising The Bar PT Studio) – 4 years
- Online training and coaching (Raising The Bar) – 1 year
- Ongoing training in multiple disciplines
For me mindset, physical activity and nutrition is a complete package.
It is about being fit, healthy, strong and flexible all at the same time.
I believe in identifying and removing limitations as they arise.
All programs are customized and made to suit the client and their specific goals to get the best results possible
I do not believe in fad diets, extreme calorie cuts or extreme training regimes.
Training should be hard, challenging and force you to adapt but should also be fun, rewarding and maintainable all at the same time.